Red Oz Episode 1 Red Oz Episode 1

Good stuff! The harvester definitely got me, haha. My only complaint is that I wanted to keep the papers/writing that I found in my inventory, especially since there was spare room. Looking forward to the next.

Hyptosis responds:

Yeah, you're right. I think I'm going to start doing that. Someone else mentioned that earlier too. Man, thanks so much, you're a cool friend.

#Escape: The Waiting Room #Escape: The Waiting Room

Really enjoyed the music and atmosphere! Medals were fun, and the puzzles were interesting. I have a few quips but I don't want to post any spoilers so I'll message you.

Aprime responds:

Thank you very much!

Great to have a review from you :)

[REVIVE] [REVIVE]

the puzzles in this game are very creative and challenging. not to mention you did all of the art, programming, and music yourself? bravo!

JonBro responds:

Means a lot coming from you, Afro-Ninja! Thank you!

Abobo's Big Adventure Abobo's Big Adventure

Bravo

Not really much to say that hasn't been said already. So I'll just leave it at "I don't want to see the .fla for this game"

ORB (Space Shooter) ORB (Space Shooter)

Hey not bad!

glad to see you guys pulled off a complete project. My best score was 1550, I believe. Was my life bar supposed to regenerate or did that come from something else? Only complaint is that I thought holding down the fire button should produce a slightly higher rate of fire than it did (but still make the player rely on manual burst fire if need be)

kelwynshade responds:

Much appreciated. For our first go, we learned a lot about Flash when dealing with the programming side. Our next small project will end up being much more polished with attention focused on gameplay and details.

Die Hipster Die Hipster

it makes me sad

this game is incredibly polished and attentive to detail.
the pseudo 3d and dynamic audio are great touches.
but the jumping mechanic is completely busted and makes the game immediately not fun. I want to be challenged by puzzles and genuine platforming, not a jump that's delayed 3 seconds.

CatGame CatGame

odd design choices

interesting game, but here are some things I observed while playing:

why all of the cat storage slots? I found myself dying while fumbling for the right hot key to press. I suppose I could have kept pausing over and over but it really takes you out of the game. the difficulty should come from fending off cats, not switching between your ammo slots that all hold the same kinds of cats.

why do I have to keep equipping my cats with bonuses? there's never a point in time where I *don't* want my cat to be more powerful than it already is. again I just resort to pausing and dragging the bonuses to the center, it feels arbitrary. instead why don't we just tell the game which ones we want to keep active?

I may not be the best critic since I only played until I got explosive food, but it just felt frustrating for the wrong reasons.

Metroid Blaster Metroid Blaster

Erm

What's with the scanning? Is that supposed to be a preloader? It takes waaay too long and you make the player re-do it after looking at the credits AND restarting the game

triforceguy1 responds:

Yea I kinda got the timing wrong, I'll change it soon

Cosmonaut Jetlaunch Cosmonaut Jetlaunch

Needs work

The upthrust is way under-powered- if you start pressing up while your guy is halfway down the screen he'll still fall right into the spikes sometimes. Also, that font is impossible to read when printed small like that.

Trumble Trumble

Good Start

Simple concepts are nice but this one needs a bit more to it. It gets to a point where all you can really do is just hold down the space bar and hope the fences keep passing under you, since you don't have enough control to change it. Music/SFX would help too