View Profile Afro-Ninja

All 62 Movie Reviews

18 w/ Responses

Wow

Fantastic stuff man, great mix of video and vector

Very fluid

The overall quality of animations and animators is growing at an alarming rate. Sucks that you had to export/import the way you did though, with the compression issues. Did after effects play a large role in the finished product, or not really?

Onelani responds:

For After Effects, not really. I just took the final PNG sequences and put them together in AE and then rendered it out as a .mov file. The was no way I could've had the whole movie in one .fla file and then export. It was far too much content.

Too much fun

Haha, really glad I got to be a part of this, definitely helped pass the time yesterday. Congrats guys!

jmtb02 responds:

I'm still giggling at your submission. His expression is priceless :).

Decent idea

It's already been said, but the biggest improvement would be your mic/recording. It's hard to say what exactly the problem was here, but either way as long as you have a decent sound program (try audacity, it's free) and a headset mic (15$) you should get some pretty good sound. Also, try to use a little bit more pacing. Each scene seemed to come by at about the same speed whereas some, like when pico is first show as 'goth', should probably be a bit more drawn out for effect.

PinkSkull responds:

Thanks!
I do have audacity, I think the problem is I talked way too near the mic...
thanks a lot for the advice!

lmao cept...

NOT EVERYONE WEARS GODDAMN STREET FIGHTER GLOVES

JohnnyUtah responds:

STOP RUINING MY DREAMS AFRO

Ahahaha

That made my day :D

rebaz responds:

you made my day... =D

Ace animation dude. ACE. No one has an eye for gore quite like you do, heh.

Superb

Excellent work sir. You have a sharp eye for artistic angles and effects. One thing though, ease up on some of the filters/ blurs. Lagged the comp at some points. Other than that, rock solid stuff.

Good stuff

Alex, I think this is a momentous improvement from your recent movies. Well, the last one I saw at least. I love the NG theme. Voice acting was good, although watch out for those mic pops. And yeah, maybe a little lip sync couldn't hurt next time : )

But overall, <3. I look forward to your future improvements!
(and congrats on your upcoming daily award!)

alexsmolik responds:

Hey ! Glad you liked it man !
Woaw, Shawn Tanner himself is reviewing my movie? What an honour... I'm glad you noticed the improvements I've been trying to make, along with the NG theme. I tried to make this movie a funny movie, and this is the result. And oh, I have NO idea what are those mic pops! They aren't on the .wav file ... it's so weird!

About the lip-synching, I'm a terrible animator, at least, that's what I think. Plus, I'm very lazy, so when it comes to TRULY animate ... oh well, it's a whole other story. I've tried lip-synching in the past, in vain... with time maybe things will get better !
I don't know about the award though, maybe, who knows ? There's still 4h until the next day, in 4 hours, many great submissions can arrive. But I'll try to be positive ! =D
Thanks for the kind and motivating review.
ALEX

You're so close

Watching your movie aggravates me ;)

Look dude, I've said it before and I'll say it again. You have some really good movie ideas. Good sense of direction, good music choice, etc. But please, please please please

FIX YOUR GRAPHICS

Your graphics have barely improven since your first comet magnum episodes. Honestly, you would get 4.0+ for your movies if you could just spend more time on the drawings. Study Perspective- Drawing from one or two source points (when doing architecture) will make all the edges line up and look correct. Many times your buildings have lines that slant four different directions. Cut back on the gradients, they usually don't look good unless put on a flat surface. And lastly, keep an eye on your body proportions. Sometimes they're fine but the next instant they can look insanely out of whack

I would expect these kind of habits from a new animator, but you've been around for a couple years now. Step it up ;)

I've got a lot of work ahead of me...

34, Male